Lambert Bridge Winery is located in the center of Dry Creek Valley, near an old trestle bridge, its namesake. Our winery occupies land that was once part of the C.L. Lambert Ranch, a sizeable property that included a school, store, farmland and the trestle bridge, built by Lambert in 1915. Today this bridge, the only single-lane public bridge in the valley, is surrounded by vineyards and still provides passage across Dry Creek to our winery.
Established in 1975, Lambert Bridge Winery is one of the oldest post-prohibition wineries in the Valley, its early days coinciding with the infamous 1976 Paris Tasting which helped firmly establish California’s status as a fine growing region worldwide. Originally a small 5,000 case facility, Lambert Bridge quickly gained a reputation and expanded to 25,000 cases in a short time.
During a visit to Northern Sonoma County, the Chambers family was so captivated by the beauty of the area and the potential for Lambert Bridge Winery to become something truly exceptional that they became the second and current owners of Lambert Bridge in 1993. This idyllic setting, tucked into the hillside and surrounded by a soaring grove of redwoods inspired our Board Chair Patti Chambers to build a redwood-lined, vaulted tasting room with a massive stone fireplace to provide a warm and welcoming environment for guests.
Lambert Bridge quickly earned a reputation as a destination point with lavish gardens and extensive picnic facilities celebrating the natural beauty of Dry Creek.
In the early days, Lambert Bridge’s production grew to more than 25,000 cases annually. In 2005, that all changed. As awareness and appreciation of food and wine continued to grow among our customers, the Chambers Family brought Greg Wilcox on board as managing partner and together the winery was charted in a new, groundbreaking direction. Wine production was dropped to just a quarter of its former annual case volume to focus specifically on making truly exceptional, small-production bottlings of distinctive wine.
Realizing quality is achieved when every detail can be perfected, we proudly became one of the few wineries in Sonoma County to sort grapes “berry by berry.” Despite soaring costs, we chose to use only French oak barrels. We dramatically reduced vineyard yields to achieve more concentrated and complex flavors; and sourced new vineyards for improved quality. And we brought in a new winemaking team headed by 30-year veteran Jill Davis to make it all work seamlessly.
Today, we continually strive to raise the quality in everything we do, producing 13 different wines, all made in limited quantity, while continuing to welcome our guests as part of the family.
Contact our wine club manager Shelby for more information.
Lambert Bridge was built in 1915.